A tribute to great and glorious man spaces and the craftsmen behind them, with instruction and insight into creating your own refuge and shrine to all things good in the world. Carpe diem!
After the wedding, most men swallow their egos, phase out their buddies, and choke back tears as they watch their homes collect bizarre items like gravy boats, potpourri, and vacuum cleaners. They sacrifice, stamp out their past, and even throw out the essentials—those must-have items like the Redskins couch with built-in beer holders, the original Atari that no longer works, and the stuffed falcon heads. But there’s a better way. A sanctuary where a man can resurrect the glory of his past and cherish his hobbies without ever disrupting his family. The Man Cave.
With hundreds of full-color photos of outrageous, not-so-outrageous, expensive, cheap, and downright spectacular Man Caves and a wealth of budget-saving tips and tricks, The Man Cave Book shows even the most domesticated man how to create the refuge of his dreams. Chapters and sidebars include:
• Interviews with award-winning man cave owners
• Q&As with key experts
• The First Man Cave in America
• Man caves as therapy
• When money is no object: The Gentleman’s Cave
• A man cave on a budget
• Tricks for convincing your wife you should build a man cave
• The man cubby: when you lack room for an actual cave
• The Woman Cave: fact or fiction?
• Does a single guy need a man cave?
• Forbidden activities in man caves (changing diapers, emoting)
• 10 warning signs you’ve been in your man cave too long
• Clutter: it can be an art form
So why are you still reading this? Grab your old tool belt, get some dirt on your pleated pants, and start building your very own Man Cave. Your wife will thank you.
Jeff Wilser is the author of Maxims of Manhood. He is a former USMC Reserves squad leader and has been a regular online columnist on dating, sex, nightlife, and pop culture, contributing to GQ, MTV, and VH1.
Michael H. Yost is the creator of mancavesite.org. He retired as a Sergeant First Class in the U.S. Army after almost 18 years of service in the Military Intelligence field and in his moments away from being a Man Cave expert and IT Consultant he works on his Corvette. He lives in Sierra Vista, Arizona.
PROCESSING/SHIPPING: Approximately 1-2 business days for processing and 2-4 business days for shipping. NEED IMMEDIATELY? See IN A RUSH? See Holiday and Father's Day Shipping Schedule in May, June, November & December.
* Please note that this product is purchased from and shipped by our company, Man Cave Gifts (mancavegifts.com), not from another company that we refer you to via our Referral Network.